GALERIE BERNARD BOUCHE
BERNHARD RÜDIGER
Bernhard Rüdiger Pendule (06.08.1945), 2009. Steel + lead. 203 x 90 x 60 cm

Bernhard Rüdiger Pendule (06.08.1945), 2009. Steel + lead. 203 x 90 x 60 cm

Bernard Rüdiger was born in Rome in 1964. He graduated from l’Accademia di Belle Arti in Milan. He has been living in Paris since 1994 and teaches today at the Ecole nationale supérieure des beaux-arts in Lyon.

He began working at the Casa degli artisti in Milan in Italy, founded by Luciano Fabro, Jole de Sanna et Hidetoshi Nagasawa in 1981. He took part in the definition of the italian environment during the second part of the 1980’s. Along with important collaborations with artits such as Liliana Moro, Adriano Trovato or Mario Air and after commiting himself to some collective and experimental projects, he founded with other the Tiracorrendo review and the Lo Spazio di Via Lazzaro Palazzi galery ; an active place in the Milan art scene from 1989 to 1993.

He then became known in France with the installation of the gigantic work: La Poésie (The Poetry) at the F.R.A.C in 1995. Since then, he participates in numerous collective exhibitions (Le Magasin, Grenoble, 1992 , Biennale de Venise, 1993 ; Le Nouveau Musée, Villeurbanne, 1995, Quadriennale de Rome, 1996 and 2008) and personal exhibitions (La Box, Bourges, 1994; Centre de Création Contemporaine, Tours, 1996 ; Galleria d’Arte Moderna Bologna 1999, CRUCE, Madrid, 2002 ; Galerie Christian Stein 1995 and 2000; Galerie Michel Rein 2000 and 2004; Château des Adhémars, Montélimar 2006; Château de la Bastie d'Urfé 2009; Traversée Zeitgenössische Kunst, Munich, 2005, 2008 and 2011).